Kush Bottles Provides Year-in-Review
2014 was a year of growth, innovation, expansion, and initiatives to strengthen the entire cannabis industry
SANTA ANA, Calif., Jan. 6, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Kush Bottles, North America's premier supplier of child-resistant packaging and branding solutions for the marijuana industry, provided a Year-in-Review for their partners, business associates, customers and media.
Kush Bottles is North America's premier provider of packaging and branding solutions for growers, dispensaries and the alternative health industry. The company is particularly well known for their child-resistant products that have been certified to meet the stringent standards of the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), and fulfill all state packaging requirements for child resistance. The company also carries a wide assortment of smoking accessories such as rollers, papers, and grinders; cannabis apparel; and gift packages.
"As we move into 2015, Kush Bottles continues to evolve into a full-service packaging and branding solutions provider to both the recreational adult use and medical marijuana industries," Nicholas Kovacevich, co-founder and CEO of Kush Bottles commented. "Our operations are in full swing and cover the entire North American continent from our service centers and warehouses in the Orange County, Seattle, and Denver areas. Our product line continues to expand, and our partnerships with key stakeholders in the cannabis industry are stronger than ever," he added. "Our outlook on 2015 remains overwhelmingly optimistic."
Kush Bottles has sold products in all 23 states that permit legal marijuana or medical marijuana, as well as Canada. With other states considering legalization, and with the opportunity for significant growth in the nearly half of the United States that does have legal programs, the prospect for growth looks positive.
Among the highlights for 2014:
- In the early stages of Colorado legalization, many dispensary owners could not find certified child resistant packaging, as some suppliers were either sold out or could not demonstrate that their products were actually certified child resistant. Kush Bottles responded to the crisis by sending additional shipments to their Colorado distributor, so that customers had an ample supply of bottles and containers that met state regulations.
- When some Colorado dispensary owners were surprised to discover that the containers in their inventory did not meet child resistance standards and were not in compliance with regulations, Kush Bottles offered free consulting services to dispensary owners and growers to help them navigate through the rapidly changing and complex maze of regulations in the early days of cannabis legalization.
- Kush Bottles management met with state regulators in Washington to discuss sensible child safety packaging regulations, and to educate them as to the subtle but significant differences in containers – many of which appear to be certified bottles, but are in fact, cheaper, made in China products that do not meet federal child safety standards.
- The company signed up a Private Equity veteran as their new president. Ben Wu, a New York University business school graduate and former vice president at Wedbush Capital Partners, manages day-to-day operations and helps secure partnerships with important stakeholders in the cannabis, financial and manufacturing communities.
- The company received favorable media attention, including feature articles in the Los Angeles Times, Orange County Business Journal, Orange County Register, and appearances on KING-TV, to name a few.
- Company executives rallied the cannabis industry to hold itself to the highest standards. "All it takes is one negative event to get on Fox News and discredit the entire industry," Ben Wu, president of Kush Bottles commented. "In order for this industry to continue to grow, we must run our businesses in a fully compliant and transparent manner, and not just meet regulations, but demonstrate to the world that cannabis can be cultivated, packaged and sold in a responsible manner.
- Kush Bottles expanded its warehouse capability in Washington State to also service Oregon growers and dispensaries on an expedited basis.
- The company expanded its product line by adding world-class items including the Futurola line of accessories. Futurola recently inked a deal with Tommy Chong to be the company's spokesperson.
"It was a great year for us at Kush Bottles," Kovacevich commented. "But as great as it was, I think it will dwarf in comparison to what's ahead."
For more information on Kush Bottles, please call (888)-920-5874.
Visit Kush Bottles online at: www.kushbottles.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kush-bottles-provides-year-in-review-300016569.html
SOURCE Kush Bottles
Released January 6, 2015